On Sonntag, 23. März 2014 11:55:02 CEST, Ian Wadham wrote:

In all three cases, an icon appears in the Dock (task bar equivalent) and vanishes too soon to see what it is. Additionally, I am finding messages on the Apple OS X
Console log (see attached).  Can a KDE guy tell Marko and me what is going
wrong here?  And perhaps where else to look to narrow down the problem?

Any ideas?
There's probably no known URI filter or the filter points konqueror or so.

  kioclient exec 'http://www.kde.org/'

Does this open kde.org in any browser?

Do you get a dialog for
kcmshell4 componentchooser

and can you select a webbrowser (safari) there?

(I frankly don't know what "in an application based on the contents of the URL"
means)

Cheers,
Thomas