Hello,
If you are a school student and 13-17 years old right now then there is a
good opportunity for you as Google Code-In is on going right now. Take part
in it if you are eligible. There are byte size tasks for students who want
to get involved in open source.

But if you are not eligible then have a look here
https://community.kde.org/Get_Involved/development

Thank you,
Pranam Lashkari