Hello sysadmins et al.

Some KDE contributors run into a pain point whereby their commits with the BUG keyword do not automatically close Bugzilla tickets because the email address on the commit does not match the email address of any Bugzilla accounts. When this happens, someone (them, me, Christoph, someone else) needs to notice and manually close the bug report, which is an annoying waste of time and can be easily overlooked.

This can happen in various circumstances:
1. The contributor is new and has a GitLab/KDE Identity account for submitting MRs, but does not have a Bugzilla account 2. The contributor is a veteran and has multiple KDE-related email address but only has one Bugzilla account (and hence, only one email address on file) 3. The contributor commits code to KDE using both personal and work email addresses depending on if the work is sponsored or work-related, but only has one Bugzilla account (and hence, only one email address on file)

In cases #2 and #3, we can ask those people to create dummy Bugzilla accounts just to get their other email addresses in the system, but that feels pretty inelegant and requires manual action after running into this problem, and it doesn't help case #1 at all.

Could we consider removing the check to make sure the commit matches the email address of a Bugzilla account?

Nate