On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 10:46 AM David Edmundson
<da...@davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:

>> So here's an idea: close the bug with the committer's own Bugzilla
>> account when an account is found that matches the email address in the
>> commit. Otherwise, use a bot account so that the bug at least gets
>> closed as intended. Could that work?
>

> Any developer in question can also change their gitlab "Commit email". They
> don't need to change their bugzilla or git author email.
> The particular unnamed lazy developer you're referring to has just got round
> to changing theirs.

Please note that this only impacts on commits made via the Gitlab web
interface (including rebases of merge requests).
Commits made locally on your computer and then pushed to
invent.kde.org will not be impacted by changing this setting.

That is one possibility however, where we could use that setting as
the address for Bugzilla activity...

> David

Cheers,
Ben