Hi again,

Remember those 2 menu items that caused repeating error messages on the
terminal? Turns out that whatever it is that causes it exactly can in fact make
the application crash (I saw that with Konsole), but I also found a workaround.
Someone could have told me that this kind of action isn't added to menus
explicitly in the source code, but through an rc file. No wonder I couldn't
find the lines to disable in C++ code :)

So rather than disabling the Bookmarks and Clipboard History menus altogether
in KTextEditor, one can decide not to put them into the context menu in
katepart5ui.rc . This approach proved successful with konsole, I'm not yet sure
it will too with KTextEditor (first impression is no, but that doesn't seem to
make sense).

I'll leave it to you and/or other KTextEditor/Kate maintainers to decide if
this is indeed a workaround, an acceptable one, if either or both of these
actions would be better in the context menu and not in the main menubar, and of
course how to deploy it.

Cheers,
R.