rkflx added a comment.

  In D12321#252283 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12321#252283>, @markg wrote:

  > In D12321#252282 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12321#252282>, @rkflx wrote:
  >
  > > In D12321#252281 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12321#252281>, @markg
wrote:

  > > > I agree but not for a button that the user controls.
  > >

  > > We already disable options where they do not make sense, see the Icon
position setting which is only available in select view modes.

  > > The ability to preview could similarly be disabled where it does not make
sense. I highly doubt this will cause confusion for users.

  > Ohh, but i'm not against that :)
  >  I merely don't want one button to be changed by both the user and some
code logic.

  It's the same for Icon position: Even if the user does not change from Above
filename to Next to filename the code logic when changing the radio button
(which would equal moving the zoom slider) to another view mode will change the
icon position anyway, because for Detailed View you cannot have icons above the
filename.

  This automatic logic is already there. You are simply objecting to not
allowing previews for small icons. Yes, we will remove this possibility which
was there before. No, I don't think this is bad, unless you can come up with
reasons why anyone would want totally undecipherable previews.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

To: anemeth, #vdg, #frameworks, ngraham, rkflx, #dolphin, markg
Cc: markg, xyquadrat, sharvey, rkflx, ngraham, #frameworks, michaelh, bruns