Hi,

> On 3/6/08, vichy <vichy.kuo <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all: I download Linux 2.6.20.10 and make the kernel by selecting EVERY
ide device driver But I reboot it with a kernel panic like below: "Not syncing:
VFS: unable to mount root fs on unknown-block (0,0)"
>  Could someone tell me where I go wrong? Sincerely Yours, vichy
>
> IDE device driver is OK. But you also need FS (ext2/3, xfs ...)build into you
kernel.  Post you .config file if you think its
> more comlicated than this.Thanks.

Are you sure that your root device is IDE?, or is it SCSI or SATA?
In which case you need the apropriate driver.

Shreyansh

[Apologies is this messages reaches multiple times]