On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 6:50 AM, vichy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I have 2 HDs, one is ide and another is SATA.
>
> I put the root at the IDE one.
>
> So I think the problem may not come from sata HD.
>
> Meanwhile, I pick up everything in sata area since I am afraid of my
> considering is wrong.
>

> BTW, how could I get the old configuration, since I install the present OS
> by Fedora8-install-DVD.iso
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> vichy

The current configuration is probably on /boot/config-<yourversionhere>

So just go to the root of the kernel sources and do a
# make oldconfig
It will ask you a bunch of questions that you should answer according
to what you want (or just hold enter if you're feeling adventurous
today) and that's it, build the kernel as usual.

[]'s
Daniel

--
What this world needs is a good five-dollar plasma weapon.