David Rosenstrauch wrote:
Hi. Having trouble trying to build the old kfw 2.6.5, and running into a few problems. (I need to build against the older version since I need to build for VC6.)
VC6 built applications can load DLLs produced with VS7 or VS8.

First, several of the awk steps appear to be dying, throwing up a dialog box saying "The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction". (The awk I'm using is from cygwin; appears to be gawk v3.1.6-1.) If I click the "close" button on the dialogs, the build then continues on ...
NTVDM is the 16-bit DOS compatibility environment. Be sure to use a 32-bit version of
gawk.

Anyone have any idea what these problems might be and/or workarounds? Is it even still possible to build kfw2.6.5 against vc6 these days?

2.6.5 was built using VC .NET 2003.