--- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, Pedro Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think you are not doing anything wrong.
>
> But there are only 2 choices:
> 1. Edit eeschema R an C and change pin numbers to 1 an 2.
> 2. Edit the modules and change pin numbers to A and B.
>
> Maybe there is another choice: copy and paste your old R and C from
an older
> project to a new library and use them.

So I tried copy/save from a project with a netlist that works
(generates netlist connections for pins 1 and 2) and pasting the
block into a project that's "broken".

EEschema removed the old annotations, and I had it update for the new
schematic. Then I generated the netlist. Once again the netlist had
pins numbered A and B. PCBnew just can't understand that numbering
for the default modules in KiCAD.

I looked at the library and the pin numbers on all the standard 2 pin
passive elements were "~". I could go through and force them to 1 and
2, but that's a lot of work, and I'd have to do it to each element I
want to use...

I could also modify all the modules I need, so they all use A and B
for pin numbers... but again, I'd have a custom set of footprints and
I'd need to do it every time.

HELP! Jean-Pierre!