Hi,

Excuse me, I have mixed up global labels with hierarchical labels. Yes, we
were talking about hierarchical (inside the subsheet) labels and pin sheets
(outside the subsheet). I usually do not use global labels.

> Just to avoid confusion: I've not used global labels, but hierarchical
> pins.  Global labels have text inside the label symbol...
>

> You mean, for img91 for example, you were expecting this:

Yes, it's what I mean.

> http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mcp23017sdaconnectedjl6.png
> <http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mcp23017sdaconnectedjl6.png>
>
> in stead of this:
>
> http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mcp23017sdadc4.png
> <http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mcp23017sdadc4.png>  ?
>
> Well, I've done the test and when I connect the "dangling" hierarchical
> labels to net names in both the sub sheets "MCP23017" (see above) and
> "Eeprom Memory Device", I have the following net list content:
>
>   ( /48F0CE8C/455616DD R3H  R71 100 {Lib=R3H}
>    (    1 N-000124 )
>    (    2 /MCP23017/SDA )
>   )
>
>   ( /49049CF8/49049EFE R3H  R169 100 {Lib=R3H}
>    (    1 N-000233 )
>    (    2 /MCP23017/SDA )
>   )
>
> So, again those two points in the different sub sheets are nicely
> connected together.  But in stead of having the net name "/SDA", they
> have the net name "/MCP23017/SDA", resulting in this in the net list:
>
> /MCP23017/Net 14 "SDA"
>   R169 2
>   R71 2
>
> Net 14 is connecting those two points together.  So, I assume PCB net
> will to a correct job wrt the given example, when it reads the net list.
> Right?

An example of one of my circuits:

http://img221.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imagenmo8.png

Instead of a wire connection, it's possible to use local labels.

Regards,
Pedro.