There is a auto position system built into kicad which may be of some
help. This does NOT place the components aas per eeschma, but it does
spread them out which makes for easy selection.

In PCBnew, you must create a board outline first.

When the netlist is read in, the modules will be placed on top of each
other.

Select the mode manual and autoplace : this is the second button in the
group of 4 on the top toolbar right hand side.

Right click somewhere near the modules and you should have a global move
and place option in the context menu.

select move and you will get a confirmation requestor, select yes and the
modules will be spread out for you.

Andy