No, the correct terminology for 1/1000 of an inch is "mil".  There's countless
PCB manufacturers who agree with me on this, so I'll take their word on it.

Here's what Wikipedia has to say about it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thou_(length)

According to this, "mil" is the older term, and was only replaced in some
places by "thou" when the SI system came about, because of possible confusion
with millimeters.  But "mil" is still in widespread use.  From the article: "In
the United States, the mil/thou is still in use extensively in certain
industries such as in the manufacture of printed circuit boards (PCBs) and for
tolerance specifications on hydraulic cylinders."  Apparently, the PCB industry
hasn't adopted "thou", since every time I look at some Chinese PCB maker's
website, they use mils.

Dan