Hello Robert.

> Just to let you know I'm preparing some instructions for my own formal
> method which I will upload in the next few days.

Very good.

> I'm trying to write
> them so they could be used by a beginner rather than just slapping a
> file on the server and leaving it for people

Even better.

> to figure out for
> themselves, so it will take me a little while.

Don't hurry, but tell us, when you are ready. So i will not miss your
instructions.
Using my own symbols and footprints will not be enough to test them, because,
as an example, i never used a silkscreen on a board in real world, only on my
PC screen or on paper. So i would never detect a collision between pads and the
silkscreen.
Further on, with my own Symbols, i never used the pin types/propertys, i only
set them to passive or "not specifyed".
So it would be a great thing, having such a check list.

With best regards: Bernd Wiebus alias dl1eic