Hi guys,

I would like to share with you my very bad experience in order to help you
to avoid becoming completely depressed as I am now…

I’ve been working about 50 hours on a PCB using Kicad and the libraries
found on the soundforge. I’ve a TFQP microcontroller in my design and used
the module found in microchip-2 library called TQFP64 ! I’ve not checked
before drawing the PCB that the module was ok…. And what a mistake !

The module is wrong, dimensions are not correct making the component
impossible to mount and solder ! I can of course correct this by changing
the module, but using Kicad this means erasing all the wires connected there
and restart most of my design (very compact). I think about 20h more to
spend on this PCB…

That is absolutely dramatic for a professional use as spending 70h on a such
basic PCB with around 100 components !

So my best advice is to redesign all your modules and not spend one minute
using the libs you can find in Kicad or on the web. There are so many errors
that you discover all along your design (silkcreens, wrong dimensions, …)
making finally a massive waste of time. Of course, If I knew that before I
would have redesigned all the components and created my own libs…

Hoping it will prevent some other people to face what I’m facing now !

Best

Stephane