Things are abit moe complicated than that.

The new version of Kicad has a major rework os it's internals. It is
getting really better, for what I can see. There were problems in MAC,
it seems to be solved, there are more problems in Windows, they are
analyzing something like 3 alternatives right this weekend...

Ah... and not all developpers use Linux, so at least some of the inner
team is using windows... Don't despair.

And if you want everything ok, why not jut grab the stable release?????

Alain