--- In kicad-users@yahoogroups.com, "o00batman00o" <o00batman...@...> wrote:

> If I could I would have move totally under Linux but in the professional
> world it's impossible. Lots of developing software are not are only available
> for windows.

yes, lots of C++ software developed with Visual Studio, C#,.net
etc but becoming eclipsed by gcc, g++, eclipse IDE or cmake...but
CAE, ASIC HDL simulators, embedded cross development, smart phone
apps, etc are Linux based. A lot of apps run faster on Linux. Most annoying are
web sites that only work with M$ exployer.

I only use windows for Quicken and TurboTax. Hard to beat OpenOffice,
evolution, planner, subversion, gcc, eclipse, Firefox, Thunderbird,
ssh, UltraVPN, Apache, etc.  Ubuntu has always installed fully
functional and the debian package manager works well. Support from
the Open Source community is often better than the pay as you go
software.

At the moment my dual boot system is stuck on loading the Mup.sys
XP driver either from the Harddrive or CD boot probably because of
a bad, yet disabled secondary IDE channel but Ubuntu reports the disabled
channel in the log file, goes on and works just fine!

-Frank