The module was placed in a directory that Kicad knows about (one of the paths
point to the directory where the file is).  The file I downloaded was a *.mod
file...it was the only file given for the part I downloaded.  My question,
again is:  for a given part, how many different files are required to support
the part?  Three?  The connect.mod file resides in the
c:\program_files\kicad\share\modules
directory.  There are two files with the connect.* name - they are:
connect.mdc and connect.brd.  The error that I was getting specified the *.mdc
file and that the program could not find it...I checked the library prefences
in eeschema, cvpcb, and pcbnew...they are all set correctly.