What you are saying is a little bit confusing, due I guess to however the
part was created.

Assuming that your module is called connect:

Kicad uses the following files.

connect.mod
This is the actual module, open it with a text editor and you will see
all the info, drawing commands and such like. This is the ONLY file that
you actually need.

connect.dcm
This is a document file that describes the module. Not often seen in 3rd
party modules, use it or not the choice is yours. It provides addition
info only This could also be a blank file, again check with a text editor.

connect.brd
This is a standard PCB Board file. Again it's text based as are all
kicad files, so you can check it out with a text editor.

The point about providing board files is that you can use dummy boards
to store and organise your modules, and from a board you can create or
update the modules. (you use the archive commands on the file menu to do
this) If you dig around in the standard kicad module directories you will
find similar board files. These are what you print out as module
documentation.

Have a good read of the pcbnew documentation
pcbnew > help > contents

See section 11 generally, and 11.11 in particular.

Assuming that the mod file is correct, all you need to do is copy it
into one of your module directories, and make sure that your project can
see it. Use preferences > library  to check and if necessary add.

Watch out for silly things like duplicate names and so on.

If the mod file is dud, load up the brd file into pcbnew, then open the
module editor and get the module from the board.

>From there you can save it into a module directory or export it and so on.

Remember that you need to make sure that your PROJECT can see the
necessary locations for libs and mods, especially if you are placing them
in your own directories (as you should be). Such additions are NOT
carried over to new projects unless you replace the default template.

So from here it looks like you have a couple of chances to get the module,
either via the mod file directly, or from the board file. Whoever has
created the mod seems to have done a reasonable job.

Hope that clears things up a bit for you.

If you get stuck, feel free to contact me off list, and I'll be happy to
try importing your module into my system to see if it works.

Andy