Druppy wrote:
Exactly! Normal people don't maintain or administer anything! That's the difference, they turn it on, they download / start their favorite app that their BFFJILL told them they just have to get and that's it. I wouldn't want to administer a windows machine either, I turn it on load my favorite game of the month play for a few hours and then turn it off and say a small prayer to the anti-virus/spyware Gods.

You had to install the game. As well as the anti-virus and spyware software. And you had to make sure it works with your version of Windows. You also have to apply loads of patches. You had to maintain and administer it. And if you have anything you care about on that machine you have to do backups (although you don't do backups which is why you will cry when you lose a bunchof stuff as I have known you to do on at least two occasions ;) and that's what you get for wanting to use Windows but not wanting to have to administer anything.

--
KPLUG-List@kernel-panic.org