<quote who="Gabriel Sechan">
> Its a spam prevention attempt.  The idea is it sends you a link you need
> to go to in order to confirm you aren't a bot.  Which won't stop bots on
> real email addresses, but would stop one forging their from header.  It
> looks like it automatically whitelists you if you click the link.  Not the
> stupidest anti-spam I've seen, since most do fake the from.  Won't stop
> many scams though, and it would be hell on mailing lists and opt-ins.

I think what it will mostly do is annoy and irritate people trying to send
the legitimate mail.

If I ever got one of these messages from my friends or family memebers I'd
delete them out of my addressbook.

It's not *my* responsibility to maintain *their* spam filter. It's
offloading work to the wrong people (the wrong people being me and,
obviously, Lan. :)  )

-Matt

--
KPLUG-List@kernel-panic.org