> Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 23:23:46 -0700
> To: kplug-list@kernel-panic.org
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: what is with this Palin family
> This kind of thing won't really work unless everyone with an E-mail
> address does it and I just don't see it. It'll get through, just like
> regular junk mail. And we'll just learn to throw it away when it gets here
> rather than call 15 advertisers every month to ask them to stop.

After further thought, I don't think it will be that efficient at fixing things
anyway.  Look at it this way-  all your friends will be white listed.  Your
friends likely know one another.  If one of their computers is compromised as a
spam relay, it tends to use random addresses from the address book.  This means
that there's a high chance it will be whitelisted.  Furthermore, the bounce
will go to your friends-  who will likely instinctively click it.  I doubt it
will significantly impact spam.

Gabe

--
KPLUG-List@kernel-panic.org