On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 8:09 PM, David Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 06, 2008 at 07:57:15PM -0700, Carl Lowenstein wrote:
>
>> I find something that is rather disturbing.
>
>> I don't particularly trust it, and would run it only on a sacrificial
>> computer, or within an emulator.  Comments welcome.
>
> I suppose if your intent is to re-image the machine into a Linux
> distribution, it isn't a particularly big deal.  But, I agree, I
> doesn't sound exactly like a terribly safe thing to do to a working
> machine.

The object is to take a Linux distribution as bootable ISO image, and
transform it into a bootable USB flash drive.  It could then be
carried to other machines for installation.

The hidden goal is to have a way to install Linux on the new
generation of computers that do not have CD/DVD drives.  Of course,
they also do not have floppy drives.  But they have one or more USB
ports, and can be set to boot from a USB device.

    carl
--
 carl lowenstein marine physical lab u.c. san diego
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
KPLUG-List@kernel-panic.org