The mounting for most of those is a circular pattern of screws.

When I installed mine, I used the following process:

1) drill a hole for the probe to go through
2) Using the mounting holes as a guide, drill through the tank around
the hole that the probe goes through
3) Rivet nut-plates to the inside of the tank, where the holes are
4) Use machine-screws to attach the fuel-sender & included gasket to the
tank