The easiest way to get a good seal is to use polysulfide sealant
(Proseal) to seal the gaskets...

It's more flexible than epoxy, and is pretty much intended for fuel &
water sealing purposes...

The downside is that it is VERY sticky/messy stuff ('infamous for
getting all over everything BUT what you are trying to seal with it') &
stinks like no-other....