From: KRnet [mailto:krnet-bounces at list.krnet.org] On Behalf Of Mark Langford
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2013 3:00 PM
To: 'KRnet'
Subject: Re: KR> KR Gathering 2014

OZ wrote:

>> So... I thought at one point Steve Glover from NVAero had talked
>> about
hosting the Gathering, but over here on the West coast?  It is the home of
the KR, after all.<<

I talked to Steve about this last weekend, after Larry's invitation for
locations for next year.  Steve is prepared to hold one at Chino airport,
which has a large meeting hangar and plenty of nearby facilities, not to
mention an aircraft  museum on the field!

Personally, I need a kick in the butt to get me to fly out west anyway, and
would love to see the crop of KRs that California's been hiding all these
years, not to mention the other gorgeous sites out that way.  But Larry (and
likely others) is concerned about turnout.  I'll happily stand up and pitch
it at the dinner Saturday night, but given adverse reaction in the past to
moving it anywhere but MVN, I wouldn't expect Chino to win.

Given that scenario, I'd vote for a separate West Coast Flyin held earlier
in the flying season.  My guess is "hold it and they will come", at least I
and several other KRs that I know of will do our best to be there.  Jeff
Scott routinely makes the flight, as well as Glover and others, so it's not
an impossible feat...

Mark Langford, Harvest, AL
ML at N56ML.com
www.N56ML.com