----- Original Message -----

From: "Chris" <captaindavis at gmail.com>
To: krnet at list.krnet.org
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 2:51:22 PM
Subject: KR> KR2 Useful Load with 3100cc Corvair

Howdy folks...

This is my first post on this mail list, thank you for letting me join!

Well my question is pretty simple.
I plan to build the KR2 (standard KR2, not
the KR2S) and I'm planning to install the 3100cc Corvair engine.
Snip....

I'm definitely a rookie though, and would love to hear this mailgroup's
wisdom on this matter.

-Chris from Shelbyville, TN, USA
I agree with Dean! Since I bougth plywood in 2' X 4' I just made mine 2' deep
at the cockpit and used all three four foot panels long for the sides. This was
back in 1980 or so before the s model plans were made. I had the KR2 plans.
Turns out to be almost the same as the KR2s. The longer boat will be a better
balance for the corvair engine. Should not cost a lot more than making shorter
2.
Tom in Nashville.