Thank you for your wisdom.

I actually just got off the phone with Steve from NVaero's builder
support hotline, and after getting some clarification from him about how
the building from plans process goes with the KR planes, I'm going to do
the plans method after all and build a KR2S. I very likely won't make
any modifications from what the plans call for unless it's minor things,
because I'd prefer to get the pre-molded fiberglass at least.

Steve is great to talk to and was very polite and helpful...that kinda
thing goes a long way with me when it comes to making the decision to
invest.

So I reckon sometime in the future I'll start hitting this mailgroup
with my building questions, lol.