Hi Neville,

There's no perfect aircraft, sadly.  I'm in a similar position to you - can't
put down a big wad of cash for a kit.  I have heard talk of a folding wing mod
for the KR but never seen any details.  I'd proceed on the basis that the KR
needs to live at an airport, not in the garage.  KR plans aren't metric, but
don't let that stop you.

KRs can be built within the limits for RA-Aus registration, biggest challenge
will be to get the stall speed (at max weight in the landing configuration)
down to 45kts.  It's been done (more than once), and as far as I know without
straying very far from the plans.

If you find a plane that ticks all your boxes, please let me know.

Cheers,

Tony

Sent from my iPad