The folding wing rumor came from a guy several years ago who said he'd
solved the problem.  He built a mockup and sent it to Ray, who eventually
sent it to me.  It didn't pass my "reasonable" test for a viable folding
wing solution.  It was flimsy, and even if beefed up, was essentially a
simple system to hang the wings from the stubs in a precarious position that
invited disaster...and also made the plane wider to tow.

I also completely agree that removing the wings and trailering the plane is
something you'll only want to do when you absolutely have to, like after a
deadstick landing and you need to carry it home to rebuild your engine!  And
every time the wings are reinstalled, the wing attach fitting holes suffer a
little more wear, and eventually the wings get a little floppy because of
it.

Perhaps you need to consider something that really does have folding wings,
like the Kitfox.  But as Dan mentioned, trailering these things around is a
pain, or even towing them on their gear, as you probably plan to do.  That's
how I do it (when I must)....remove the tailwheel, replace with a trailer
hitch ball receiver, and hit the road.

If you really want to build a KR (and most of us do!), you should probably
give some thought to sharing a hangar with somebody.  A low-wing KR is small
and the wings mate nicely with a high-wing plane...

Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com
website at http://www.N56ML.com