Lacquer thinner  NO !!!!  Acetone yes but very very little. !!   After
working in the fibergass Industry for decades i can tell u fibergass resin
is the next worst thing besides latex paint to coat wood !!!  Or all the
boats would SINK !!!  SPAR VARNISH OR POLYURETHANE  GUYS !!!!!  SINK OR
SWIM ......OTHERWISE !!!