Epoxy soaked glass is great !!! Glass gives it all strength it needs. But
epoxy alone is somewhat brittle &Canot be reduced other than acetone.  It
looses all its properties. Maximum water resistance is not achieved with
epoxy alone. Its always mixed with another agent ( like paint )  best of
both worlds ....