At 06:11 AM 1/29/2014, you wrote:
>On the stall spin note... There are airplanes with  different flying
>characteristics.... I tend to agree with the
>other rwriter's statement about please use the rudder For stall recovery. I
>would hate to see someone who has an airplane with conventional flight
>characteristics try to recover using aileron only in a stall as in most
>cases that is an invitation for at the very least an unfortunate incident!
>     Doran

I think what you mean to say is "use rudder to keep wings level in
the approach to a stall", not "use rudder for stall recovery".  Stall
recovery is release back pressure, add power.  Rudder is used in spin
recovery to stop rotation.

In the case of my KR, and I suspect others built with the same
alignment, using rudder input to keep wings level does not work.  You
have to fly the airplane depending on how it responses to control
input.  They give us a test period to determine such things.  My KR
has the 3 1/2 degree washout in the wing, as called for in the plans,
and stalls from inboard to outboard where the nose drops with the
outer wing (ailerons) still effective.  Using rudder at that point
(in my KR) to lift a wing only aggravates the situation.  It causes
the nose to tuck down.  Other KR's may fly / respond totally
different, depending on their alignment / setup.  Also, in my KR, the
stall break is not sharp and it does not tend to drop a wing, just
drop the nose and fly straight ahead with the release of back pressure.

We are all taught in flight training to use rudder to keep wings
level in slow flight / stall.  How is that done in a "two control"
Ercoupe ?  :-)

Larry Flesner