Dan Heath wrote:

>>It should not be a problem with the mechanical if fuel can be pumped thru
the mechanical if it stops working.  The Facet electrical will flow thru.<<

There are some Facet pumps that have what Facet calls "positive shutoff"
(PSO), which besides being an anti-siphon valve, shuts the fuel off when no
power is applied, I'm pretty sure.  The 40106 (NPT) and 40108 (flared
fitting) that Aircraft Spruce and Wicks sell do not have the antisiphon
valve (PSO), but some Facet pumps do.  See
http://www.facet-purolator.com/cube-fuel-pumps.php for other options, but
the two aforementioned pumps will work fine.  See more on how I rigged up
two of these to be redundant, at http://www.n56ml.com/fuel/, and it works
perfectly.  If you already have a pump, the part number is stamped on one of
the two mounting legs.  It took me about 15 years to notice this, so it's
not obvious if you aren't really looking hard to find it.

Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com
website at http://www.N56ML.com