At 09:14 AM 2/8/2014, you wrote:
>I'm going to opt for a GPASC flywheel drive engine on my
>KR2.  So the question is,  mechanical pump or electric.  I'm thinking using
>electric pumps instead of the mechanical for the ability to have a backup
>pump.

Will you have a header tank with gravity feed?  If so, you really
only need an electric pump for backup and perhaps takeoff and landing
when head pressure may be less than optimum.  A pressure regulator
may be in order also, depending on the pump selected.

I have outer wing tanks only, no engine pump on my 0-200 and use two
electric pumps, in parallel, with a pressure regulator set to 4 1/2
pounds.  With that type of setup you really need a backup system.  I
use a small 4 AH battery with separate buss, switches, and electrical
isolation.  I needed my backup at 10 hours into testing when I lost
my main electrical buss.  A simple flip of the switch and the engine
never sputtered.  I can pump from either tank with either or both
pumps.  I can also flip a switch and charge the backup battery in
flight.  My setup has served me well for 500 hours now and saved my
bacon when I needed it.

Further details if desired...........

Larry Flesner