At 01:41 PM 2/14/2014, you wrote:
>I might not make the
>tanks the full span between the spars but I would like to keep them full
>span for the stiffness it will give the wing being bonded to both the top
>and bottom skins.
>Dene Collett

A long slender tank from root to tip, located immediately behind the
forward spar helps to keep the CG shift to a minimum from full to
empty on fuel.  My tanks are just 10 inches front to rear behind the
spar, full length of the outer wing panel and hold 12.5 gallon per
wing.  The CG shifts forward 1 inch from 25 gallon to empty.  My
tanks, while not connected from spar to spar, still add torsional
stiffness to the wing, which, when built to plans, is already stiff enough.

Larry Flesner