Tony please allow me to put your mind at ease.
I went through A&P school and in that class we had a composite section.
We all built individual composition wing sections. 12"x18" ( no vacuum
bagging ).
I can assure you that ( like every school) there were a few less than
desirable students.
During this section even they excelled.
To prove the point we took the worst specimen and asked Tiny if he would be
so kind as to stress test it for us. We all gather around and knew it would
crush.
Mind you, that we used plain jane  Styrofoam ( like the coffee cup stuff).
It held up to Tiny ( one foot all 365 lbs). Then he jumped on it trying to
crush it. The student received his first 100%.
Also there are a lot of comp classes you can sign up for through EAA .