Thanks Adam.  My concern with fibreglass is not the strength of the
resulting structure but my ability to achieve a high quality finish in a
reasonable timeframe and with a reasonable amount of effort using
fibreglass as opposed to alternative materials.  I'm confident I can
achieve a good finish with wood, aluminum or fabric, but since I've never
tried fibreglass I don't have the same confidence.

Access to an EAA (or any other) class is a bit tricky in Oz - there aren't
many and if you're not in a city you're out of luck.  Easiest way here is
to learn from other builders.  Nearest one I know of (that's not building
an RV) is about 70 miles away.  That's why KRNet is so valuable to guys
like me.

Cheers,

Tony