Rob Schmitt wrote:

> I just bought my full week ticket for Oshkosh. I see the KR forum is
> earlier than usual this year at 8:30 am on Monday morning hosted by Mark
> Langford.

I think the forum is the same time as last year, (but 8:30 Monday July 28th
for sure).   And it's listed as Forum 4, but when clicking on the map link
you end up in Uvalde Texas!  I really screwed up last year and asked for
something a little earlier than the usual lunchtime slot, because I was
tired of talking over Harriers and the beginning of the airshow, and was
selfishly trying to leave myself an "out" to depart before the airshow if
the weather was closing in on Tuesday.  I never dreamed I'd be stuck with
8:30, which I'm sure will put a lot of people out.  So  I asked for the
later slot back this year, but didn't get it.  Chalk one up to experience.
I'll try again next year.

> I'll be flying up my KR2S to Baraboo WI Saturday (26 July)  to attend the
> Wittman Tailwind fly-in, and into OSH on Sunday morning.
> So Mark L., are you flying JF up to Osh?

I am planning on flying up for Osh, but have decided that I really need to
make some changes before I fly anywhere that will require a fuel stop in the
dead of summer. My carb is nestled right between four exhaust pipes on
N891JF, almost touching, and that's really asking for vapor lock trouble
when you refuel and allow fifteen minutes of heat soak time.  Been there,
done that, don't like to hear the engine stumble on climbout!  So I'm going
to do something different with either exhaust or intake/carb before then,
and hopefully I'll be finished in time to fly to OSH.  There's no point in
stacking the odds against myself.  Otherwise, I'll either drive or talk
nicely to Larry for another great ride in like last year...

Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com
website at http://www.N56ML.com