At 01:41 AM 9/26/2014, you wrote:
>Recently the
>designer of the CX4
>discovered the cable attachment method on the rudder was causing fatigue
>cracks in the rudder cables of his prototype.  So he redesigned the part
>and emailed it as a "MANDATORY DESIGN CHANGE" in big letters to all
>registered builders.

And as the attorney (I'm not) for the defense, I'd argue the CG range
is not a design failure.  Experimental aircraft are not required to
meet the same criteria as commercially built aircraft and that
information is posted on the instrument panel and spelled out in 2
inch letters visible to anyone boarding the aircraft.  It is up to
the BUILDER to test the aircraft for safe operation during the
initial test phase and to make such claim with an entry in the log
and affixing his/her signature.  It's up to the builder to determine
the safety of the aircraft.  The fact that the designer of the
aircraft was killed in said design has no bearing on any such claim
as it was weather related.  And, if as you say, it's been common
knowledge for 27 years, who is that knowingly ignores it.

Bottom line, if you consider it's a problem, do something about it
and move along............

Larry Flesner