At 01:38 PM 9/26/2014, you wrote:
>The only thing I would think you would even consider changing is to make
>the c.g. range in percentage of MAC only and not referenced to the leading
>edge,

It's been some time since I looked at the plans but I seem to recall
it being stated in percent of MAC and that translated to inches from
the lead edge.  If anything is changed like wing shape, length,
winglets,  the percent of MAC could/ will/ probably change also based
on the new design and anything stated in the plans, like percent of
MAC, also "goes out the window".

As with building to plans, any changes made are still the
responsibility of the builder, not the designer, to test and verify
safety of the design.  The designer is not seeking certification for
your airplane, THE BUILDER IS.  If the inspector notes something he /
she is not comfortable with, they may not pass the inspection.  If
they sign it off it's all on you to test for safety.

We are given a considerable latitude in the EXPERIMENTAL
category.  PROCEED RESPONSIBLY AND WITH CAUTION..........

Larry Flesner