I always suspected that holes would give you more drag, and this confirms
it. But the problems with holes is how do you keep them from causing drag
when you're not using the belly board?  I'm pretty sure a surface parallel
to the airflow that's punched full of holes would have more parasite drag
than a smooth surface, and this would be your condition all the time. Could
you build up the area under the holes with epoxy/flox or something similar
so it would be level with the surface of the belly board when it's tight
against the bottom of the fuselage?

Mike Taglieri