Bob
I also I'm using capacitance probes from Centroid. I have 40" long probes that
bend 85 deg just after the sensor head. They were built to be able to bend
there. I had to make a bending tool to make a tight radius. They mount thru the
top of the tank and slip into a piece of I/2"  slotted pvc pipe supported by
bracket mounted inside my alum 12 gallon wing tanks. The pvc pipe prevents the
probe from touching any part of the tank. Some of the fuel monitor gages, such
as the "glass panels" ie. Dynon, MGL, etc have the ability to preset
capacitance values to certain tank levels setting up a curve to approximate
actual tank levels. I had my probes built with low level alarms that hopefully
will prevent the possibility of running out of fuel.
Pete Klapp, Canton, OH