This really is a personal preference issue as any of the standard throttle
cables/quadrants will work just fine.  My KR has a vernier throttle in the
center, my SuperCub has the throttle mounted into the left side trim panel with
a friction adjustment under the panel.  My last plane before that had a center
throttle quadrant.  I find that in the KR I like the fine control of dialing a
tiny bit of throttle in or out with the vernier control.  I don't ever give it
a thought as it took me a minute or two to recall which type of throttle I have.

On both planes, I used an A-740 RACHET CONTROL cable for both mixture and carb
heat.  This type of cable is like any other push/pull bowden cable, but has a
series of detents on the handle, so it clicks as it slides in or out and won't
creep.  That gives me a good reference when setting the mixture. (richen 1
click or lean 2 clicks)

Jeff Scott
Los Alamos, NM
jeffsplanes.com