If it is Diehl gear, the mains will be composite & bolted to 2 big aluminum
castings that attach to the spar.

If it is Grove gear, the mains will be metal 'spring' legs like a Cessna.

If it is Robinson-Rand gear, it will have these ginormous metal castings &
will retract backwards into the wing.

I am currently building a tri-gear KR2 with 'reversed' Diehl taildragger
mains. It requires some SEVERE shimming to get the gear to track straight,
but can be done.

You buy the Diehl gear parts from www.nvaero.com