Mike Stirewalt wrote:

> Are you sure you've got a 52 x 54 and not a 52 x 52? Your figures sound
> like a 52 x 52. You did some magic ju ju to that engine when you
> re-built it recently if you indeed have a Sterba 52 x 54 and are
> getting 3450.

Sorry...dyslexia there.  I meant 54x52. But I'm not sure there's a lot
of difference there.  I ordered the larger diameter because I'm not very
worried about killing the prop (as long as I'm on a runway), and wanted
to be able to cut it down if it wouldn't turn up high enough to develop
power.  I'll probably live long enough to eat those words, however.

I had a 52x52 and it would turn up to something like 3700 rpm wide open,
which is a little too much for my taste.  If nothing else, this lends
some credence to my theory that Ed's pitch numbers tend to be on the
high side.

I got three more hours on it last weekend, and probably 15 more
landings.  I tried to get Larry and Joe to meet me in West Virginia, but
I got these lame excuses like "I'm sick as a dog and may die", and
"Sorry, I'm on my way to California".  Some people!

Regarding the TruTrak ECO, It certainly is perfect for me. I refuse to
waste another penny buying more MGL stuff (like $1500 for two servos to
get two-axis autopilot out of the iEFIS), so this is a no-brainer, and
light. I've requested dimensions, although it appears as though the
servos should fit in a KR wing. Not so sure about the elevator though.

See photo below (just to make sure I got it right this time).  I was
going to the hangar to re-torque the prop anyway, as well as adjust the
valves again...

Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com
http://www.n56ml.com