Pierre,

Hate to say this, but I don't think this plane is going to be safe to fly as
is.  If you are truly at 5500 ft, and empty weight is 876, the VW is probably
not going to be enough engine. Specially at the temperatures (89 -108) you are
stating.

Your 1st prop was closer to what you need. Steve Bennett at Great Plains (VW
Seller)  basically said you need about 2900 rpm static to be sure you were
good.  The RPM will climb up once you are in the air and moving.

I'm running a VW (Revmaster 2100D) and a 1500 ft roll to get 65 mph at 5500 ft
is actually good in my opinion. I know I used up quite a bit more on a trip
from the Midwest USA to California over some serious mountains in 2014. There
were a couple airports I landed/took off at with elevations over 5500 ft. But
my empty weight is closer to 650 pounds. My best climb rate was maybe 300-400
ft/min at those elevations. I do normally get about 800 fpm climb at my home
airport in Missouri (1000 ft MSL).

Options, 1st I'd go back to the 1st Prop and Carb set up. That was close. I
believe someone else already commented that increasing the length to 54" was a
bad idea - that is correct. Normally, you shorten the prop to increase RPMs.
Lowering the pitch usually helps as well with increasing the rpm, but length is
a factor as well.

Also,

1. Can you relocate to a lower elevation for initial testing?
2. Wait for cooler weather?

Rob Schmitt
N1852Z
www.robert7721.com