At 12:54 PM 1/3/2016, you wrote:
>I saw that potential clearance issue with the hinge & angle too. I
>guess the angle could be trimmed a bit to give clearance.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The drawing for the setup using the aluminum angle looks to over
complicate things and adds unnecessary  weight.  Follow the
directions on page 87 and 88 of the manual.  That setup works just
fine.  The 1/2" cut back on the bottom side of the aileron after
removal from the wing allows for sufficient down travel of the
aileron.  Note how the two hinge halves are separated by the hinge
pivot for correct spacing.  Adapting a setup from other aircraft will
only complicate things.

Trying to get the layer of cloth that the plans call for to wrap the
spar to the skins will be tricky.  The 90 degree corners will not
want to lay flat.  Lay them on the bias or I found multiple layers of
the "deck cloth" (very lightweight glass) worked better as it made
the 90 degree corners better.

I don't think the drawing at the top of page 88 is totally correct as
it shows the spars parallel in the neutral position.  I think there
should be a wider gap at the bottom to allow sufficient down
travel.  Double check the cut back on the bottom side of the aileron
for correct assembly (top of page 87).  Once the height of the two
spars are determined, cutting the angle of the bottom edge using a
table saw or similar makes for a nice fit.

Larry Flesner