"Steve" wrote:

 > Mark , how much extra width would you recommend?

I don't know if we're talking KR2 or KR2S, but I added 6" to both ends
of horizontal stabilizer, while leaving the elevator the same size, and
was quite happy with the stability of N56ML, an S.  A KR2 could stand
even more, assuming it's strong enough.  The spars probably aren't
"designed" for that, but given that I've never heard of a tail spar
failure, there's likely some room for growth there.

Troy Petteway did this, but "fixed" some of the elevator to the
horizontal stab to reduce the elevator area, and loved the result.  See
http://www.n56ml.com/troy/ for more on that.

The vertical stabilizer and rudder on N891JF (a KR2), could stand some
lengthening as well, but I'm not sure I'll do that, because it's good to
have a stock-built KR2 so I can appreciate the KR2S that much more!

Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com
http://www.n56ml.com