I want to use a split elevator on my KR and am wondering how to attach the
two halves in the middle to maintain structural integrity.  I've seen that
Steve Anderson's KR used a split elevator but how were the two sides
fused?

Also, thinking about using gap seals between the horizontal and vertical
stabs and the elevator/rudder.  I have a 7/8" gap to fill which seems like
it would be much easier to use than building up the bull nose on the
leading edges while providing clear access to the hinges.  I'm using the
rod-end bearing hinge design, with 5 hinges instead of 3.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Frank Hamelly